Introduction to the Mathematics of Reinsurance
One Day course – London E1 – The Tower Hotel, Tower Bridge.
Tuesday 18th September 2018
9am – 5pm
“You don’t have to be an actuary to understand the principles underpinning reinsurance”
Reinsurance is based in Mathematics, so it’s probably preferable not to just accept the results delivered by actuaries, modellers and analysts.
The principles involved are much easier to grasp than is assumed. Jargon can be explained in terms that are intuitive and straightforward.
“Excellent course and teacher, Exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend this course” Global Insurer/Reinsurer
Key Benefits of the course
This course is designed to build your understanding of the output from statisticians, actuaries and modellers. It is for anybody with GSCE/O’Level of Maths ability.
Who should attend ?
- Re/insurers, brokers and other market participants who work with actuaries modellers and analysts and need a better understanding of the numbers ad statistics they generate.
- Executives and service providers who rely (directly or indirectly) on various mathematical tools but have limited knowledge of those tools.
- Executives who need to monitor carriers, evaluate insurance/reinsurance needs and understand new product development.
- Executives providing strategic, financial or operational risk advice.
It is also ideal for younger staff without quantitative degrees and managers wishing to extend their own skills.
What you will learn ?
- Statistics and their application in Reinsurance
- Probability – the key to understanding Reinsurance /Insurance
- The application and usage of Statistics and Probability
- Elements of Construction of Portfolio and Catastrophe model
After this course you should be able to engage with statisticians, actuaries and modellers with an appreciation of their skills and input.
Richard King is a highly experienced Insurance/Reinsurance executive. He is a former Chief Executive of two regulated risk carriers and specialises in business/product development & training. Richard is a Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society and Royal Society of Arts and holds a First Class Honours Degree in Mathematics and Statistics from the University of London.
£750 +VAT per delegate.
Discounts are available for more delegates from the same company.
To Book your Place – Click Here
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for further information
If you would be interested in running this course in-house please contact John Walsh at email@example.com
For full details on our other courses please go to www.litmusanalysis.com/training
Leave a Reply